Imran Khan could not prove his majority in the vote of no confidence in the Pakistani Parliament. Now a proposal to form the government will be presented from the opposition side.
The political crisis that has been going on in Pakistan for the last 33 days is over now. After the Supreme Court’s decision, there was a lot of drama in the Pakistani Parliament on Saturday. Late night speaker, deputy speaker resigned. Then the new speaker got the vote done on the no-confidence motion. Imran could not prove majority in this. With this, the power of Pakistan went from the hands of Imran. Now a proposal to form the government will be presented by the opposition.
In the 2018 general elections, Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) won the maximum number of seats at 149. Shahbaz Sharif’s Pakistan Muslim League (PML-L) got 82 seats and Bilawal Bhutto’s PPP got 54 seats. The 342-member parliament has a majority figure of 172. Then Imran Khan formed the government with the help of some small parties and independent candidates.
Small parties withdrew support to Imran Khan after three years. Many PTI MPs also extended their support to the opposition. Now after the fall of Imran Khan’s government, it is reasonable to ask what mistakes did Imran Khan commit, due to which his government went away? Now what will happen next? Let’s know…
First know what happened in Parliament?
As per the order of the Supreme Court, the proceedings of the Pakistani Parliament began at 10:30 am on Saturday. First of all, Shahbaz Sharif spoke on behalf of the opposition. He demanded that action be taken as per the order of the court. Sharif said that voting should be held on the no-confidence motion immediately.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi spoke from the ruling party in the House. Qureshi again referred to the international conspiracy. There was a lot of commotion on this issue. The proceedings of the House were also adjourned several times. The Imran government, the speaker and the deputy speaker did not want voting to take place. Eventually the opposition again took the support of the court. Then suddenly the speaker reached the parliament. Here he announced his resignation from Mike itself. The deputy speaker also resigned.
After this the new speaker started the proceedings. Voting took place on the no-confidence motion and 174 votes were cast against Imran. Imran could not prove his majority. Late in the night, he also left the Prime Minister’s residence. Even the army had come down to create law and order on the streets.
Now those five mistakes, due to which the government fell
- Deteriorating relations with the army: Even after winning the elections in 2018, Imran Khan did not have an absolute majority. Then he got the support of the army and he was successful in forming the government. Expert in Pakistan Affairs Prof. Arun Sharma says that whoever’s government there, belongs to the moving army. Initially, Imran got the support of the army, but for some time he started speaking against the army as well. The relationship between Army Chief Bajwa and Imran Khan started deteriorating. Eventually the army withdrew from the Imran government and the opposition got a chance.
- Started promoting religion instead of work: Imran Khan started the politics of religion instead of salvaging Pakistan, which was suffering from inflation, poverty, water crisis. He started projecting himself as the messiah of Islamic countries all over the world. Imran used to talk about Islam, Islam and Islam in every speech. This further worsened the economy of Pakistan. The situation started deteriorating and the opposition got a second chance to topple the government.
- Debt from China, mess with America: After coming to power, Imran Khan blindly trusted China. Took a lot of debt from China. started speaking out against America. So much so that America stopped giving help. On the other hand, China also started pressurizing to repay the debt. This completely broke the economy of Pakistan.
- Raised the tax of Pakistanis facing inflation: As soon as the government was formed, Imran Khan increased the tax instead of reducing the inflation. This made the common people even more upset. Inflation increased further. The opposition made it an issue and brought the parties supporting Imran with them. This made Imran Khan in the minority.
- Troubled the opposition in the name of stopping corruption: In the name of stopping corruption, Imran Khan harassed the leaders of the opposition a lot. Raids were conducted at the residences of Shahbaz Sharif, Bhutto to Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman. Shahbaz Sharif had to stay in jail. This united the opposition.
What will the captain do next?
Political analyst Prof. Sharma says that Imran, who has lost power, now has only two options. The first is to accept the new government and calm down till the elections and secondly, keep doing the way he is doing rallies in public. Tell the public that there is a conspiracy against them. The second option is more likely. Imran will not give up and he will create an atmosphere among the public by accusing him of foreign conspiracy. In rallies, Imran has been a frequent attacker against the opposition. In such a situation, after coming to the government, the opposition can initiate legal action against them. If this happens then Imran can also be sent to jail.